Monday 30 December 2019

Book Review: A Window Breaks by C M Ewan

Thanks to NetGalley for the advance copy of A Window Breaks, a pacey, unputdownable thriller from C M Ewan with rave reviews from Lee Child, C L Taylor and Anne Cleeves. When I read the synopsis on this one I couldn't resist!

"2am and your worst nightmare is about to become a reality. If your family was targeted in the middle of the night, what would you do?"


This genuinely is one of my biggest fears. I'm the type of person who double, no, triple checks the locks, even when I know I've not opened the door. I fear the face at the window, looming out of the darkness. I assume the slightest noise is someone breaking into my home. I probably shouldn't have read this book. But I'm so glad I did.

Picture this. It's Christmas day, and I'm reading "just a couple of chapters" to help me sleep. Ha! DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP. The story follows Tom and Rachel, and their daughter Holly, who are staying at a beautiful lodge for a family break. But when intruders break in, in the darkest depths of the night, the family are launched into a terrifying situation, epitomising the phrase "run for your life". It's soon obvious this is no simple burglary. But then why are they there?

A Window Breaks has firmly placed itself on my top 10 books of 2019 list, if only for the fear it instilled into me. My heart was thumping so hard I thought it was going to break out of my chest. My blood ran cold.

You have to read this!
Lands 20th February 2020.

Roxie Key

@RoxieAdelleKey

No comments:

Post a Comment